I bet you did not know that you can make yummy chocolate ice-cream in 20 minutes!
So here, I shall share my favorite recipe for making chocolate ice cream. But don’t forget that the best way to obtain a smooth, evenly textured ice cream is to whisk the mixture carefully and ‘freeze quickly’. Please take note of that!
The main thing you want to avoid is ice crystals forming in the mixture – this can be achieved by adding air into the mix, you can do this by taking the mixture out of the freezer after 20 minutes and giving it a further whisk.
Chill all ingredients and utensils before you use them. Be accurate with the quantity of sugar, too much of it will prevent the mixture from freezing and too little will cause the mixture to freeze hard and rocky.
Do not put warm mixtures into the finished container, allow to cool. Do not fill the container because freezing will increase the size of the content. Put freezer on coldest setting.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
200ml of milk
40g of fine sugar
120g of Lindt 99% excellence chocolate
70ml of water
140ml of whipped cream
7ml of vanilla essence
Get into action…
- Whisk the egg and sugar and add the warm milk whilst whisking.
- Add the mix to a bowl and heat without boiling for about five minutes.
- Strain this mix then leave to cool.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place into another bowl add the water, dissolve this slowly over a low heat.
- Add the melted chocolate to the previous mix and stir.
- Importantly, you now need to cool this mix. Once cooled add the half whipped cream and vanilla and gently whisk for 1 minute.
Place this in your freezer remove after 20 minutes and whisk (churn) for a couple of minutes then return to freezer. Your scrumptious home made chocolate ice cream is ready!