New Year is the day where the world falls into the celebration. The fireworks, lights and decoration are the most common thing which we see at that moment. We can see people moving here and there on the streets of the cities for shopping the garments, gifts, and decoration items.
It is the most fabulous moment which comes with various hopes and expectations for people. It is a day which can be called as New Life where people like to start new life by forgetting the past’s bitter experiences. People from different countries in the world celebrates this day with full of fun and enjoyment.
But remember this… DON’T BE A MADMAN IN 2016!
Insanity is simply defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Don’t just enter 2016 anyhow!
Take a holistic look at your life and ask these questions
* How have I been doing things in the past?
* Where do I need to make amendments?
* Who are my friends?
* What do I need to change?
* Which skills do I need to acquire and what values do I need to add?
* Who do I need to meet?
* Do I need to change my way of thinking?
* What of my perceptions of things, issues and people?
* How about my principles and ideas; are they realistic and ideal?
* Am I teachable, eager to learn new things?
* What about my habits (eating and sleeping habits inclusive), do I need to change any?
* What about my attitude to the things of God and even generally?
And don’t just ask questions, be prepared to change the way you think and do things because failing to plan is automatically planning to fail.
Put your thoughts on paper. Write down your visions!
“And the LORD answered me, and said, write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.” Hab 2:2 (KJV).
You can’t remember vividly what you’ve not written down. It is not only enough to write it down so that you won’t forget. It is also so that you can run with it!
Running with it means praying, planning and working towards it. It helps you to be focussed; keeping you on track.
Don’t run other peoples’ race in 2016! Company with only those that are going to your destination and avoid distractions.
Every year is critical. Maximise 2016 and get the BEST out of it.
Remember, “The most dangerous man on earth is the man that knows where he is going and how to get there.”
God’s grace is sufficient for us as long as we have resolved to live for Him and serve Him with all our heart.
Happy new year!