Although the primary use of toothpaste is to clean and improve the aesthetic appearance and health of teeth, don’t be surprised that there are also other things that you can use it for.
Every household has one and every household uses it at least twice a day. And because of the common availability of toothpaste, you can try everything below.
* Remember, use ONLY WHITE TOOTHPASTE like Colgate, Sensodyne, MacLean, Maxima and others you may have.
- #1 Clean piano key topsA dab of toothpaste, a soft cloth and some rubbing will usually clean piano key tops and turn them white again.
- #2 Even out scratches on CD / DVDIf the screen freezes, take out the disc, put some toothpaste on it, scrub and clean it off.
- #3 Clean diamond jewelryJust squeeze a little on a used toothbrush, wet the jewelry e.g ring. Scrub gently, rinse and your diamond ring should look sparkling new.
- #4 Clean silver utensilsToothpaste can be used to polish any kind of silver. It really does bring out the shine in silverware.
- #5 Remove crayon from painted wallsRub the marks with the toothpaste and a damp rag. Wipe with water to get rid of residue.
- #6 Remove water marks from furnitureTo get rid of those telltale watermark rings left by sweating beverages, gently rub some non-gel toothpaste on the wood with a soft cloth.
- #7 Clean your nailsTeeth and nails are made of the same material. To clean your nails, squeeze some on top of a toothbrush, wet your nails and brush them thoroughly. Be amazed by the sparkle!
- #8 Clean shoesScrubbing toothpaste with a wet toothbrush over boots, working shoes and rubber part of sneakers will work. It can also be used to remove scuffs.
- #9 Put up postersYou can use toothpaste to put up posters without damaging the wall. However, avoid using it for collector posters. It can damage the ink over time.
- #10 Clean your vehicle’s headlight lensesPut some toothpaste in a bowl with some water. Use a buffer pad and clean off fog caused by dirt and bugs hitting them.
- #11 Remove stain from clothIt can be used to take out all kinds of stain like ink or lipstick. Squeeze some on the spot, scrub and rinse.
- #12 Deodorize smelly handsWash your hands with a dab of toothpaste and it will remove smells like onions and other unpleasant odors.
- #13 Deodorize baby bottlesWorks for sour smelling baby bottles. Scrub with toothpaste and a bottle brush and the bottles should end up smelling clean and fresh!
- #14 Clean pressing ironThe mild abrasive in non-gel toothpaste is just the ticket for scrubbing the gunk off the bottom plate of your pressing iron. Apply the toothpaste to the cool iron, scrub with a cloth, then rinse clean.
- #15 Pest controlThe polishing ingredient in toothpaste is diatomaceous earth- a white powder which is actually the tiny spiky calcium skeletons of diatoms, tiny sea creatures that died millennia ago. The tiny calcium spikes are harmless to us and our pets, but mess up crawling insects. So sprinkle a little around your flower and vegetable gardens.
Do well to share this with friends on the social media by using the Share Button below. You rock 🙂 !!